Now the legislation is going to be heard, and voted on by full Seattle City Council. The time is now to make sure that our voices are heard to approve the legislation as it was in committee. We have been working hard for two years to help educate the Affordable Housing Committee on our industry, and have helped craft a workable legislation that will both support affordable housing, and protect homeowners right to rent their properties on a short term basis.
However our work is not done. Amendments are being proposed that could erase the work we have done over the past two years. So what can you do?
- Take the time to draft an email or letter to the Seattle City Council on your own.
- Use our tool on our website to Sign Our Petition to Seattle City Council urging them to pass the legislation as is.
- Write a letter to Seattle City Council using our webform
- Call the Legislative Aids to the city council members. The more they hear to support the legislation as is, the more likely we can avoid amendments that will effect our property rights.
- Go to open office hours and schedule time to meet with council members